Tuesday, October 13, 2015

My Sierra Bra


                   
Well, hello again.  It has been a long while.  Thank you for the few comments left on my last post, as long ago as that was.  I didn't expect anything, and it was very neat to read the caring in your words.  Things have brightened up a bit, I've learned a little more over the past few months how to walk this shaky path and still surrender.  I've made so many things through it all.  Sewing has become something of an escape, which has meant my wardrobe is improving some.  I made this little bralette, the Sierra bra, using Maddie's sew along.
                   
It came together surprisingly well, I was super nervous about it, but still was determined to try.  And well, it worked!  Now I want to learn even more about bra making, and lingerie sewing.  There are so many beautiful possibilities.
                  
Lace:  Mint Frog on Etsy   Elastics and findings:  Porcelynne on Etsy  
Powermesh-type lining:  Joann's several years ago
                  
Cutting the lace and power mesh out was definitely the hardest part.  I need to invest in a smaller rotary cutter for next time.  I used my mom's which she uses for quilting, and while it worked, it was pretty hard to make it around the curves that you see above.  That will probably have to wait until next month though.  ;)

Hopefully I'll be back soon!

Love, Clara

No comments: